Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) are eligible to accrue paid sick time from the first day of hire at a rate of one (1) hour of sick time for every thirty (30) hours worked up to forty (40) hours and are eligible to use what has been accrued after ninety (90) days.
Assistant Home Managers, Home Managers and Vocational Managers are eligible to accrue paid sick time from the first day of hire and are eligible to use what has been accrued after ninety (90) days. Sick time is accrued monthly at a rate of 6.67 hours per month, up to fifty-six (56) hours per year.
Earned and Available Sick Time upon Separation – There will be no sick leave benefits paid out to any employees at the time of employee/employer separation.
Full-time employees who have been employed for at least twelve (12) months are eligible to earn vacation benefits on July 1st of each year, as shown in the chart below.
However, any employee who has been employed less than 12 months as of July 1st will not earn any vacation benefits at that time. Instead, the employee will receive vacation benefits on his or her anniversary date, based on the amount that would have been earned between the hire date and July 1st. Beginning the following July 1st, the employee will receive a full year of vacation benefits.
Part-time employees who are regularly and consistently scheduled to work at least 1000 hours annually are eligible to earn vacation benefits on a pro-rated basis.
An employee who has not worked or received compensation for at least forty (40) hours in a pay period will not be eligible to earn vacation benefits for that time period. Additionally, employees are not eligible to accrue vacation benefits for any time period that they are on a plan of correction or while on a leave of absence.
- Use of Vacation Benefits – Use of vacation benefits for salaried employees will be based on an 8-hour work day. Employees will be required to use earned and available vacation benefits prior to taking any leave of absence as unpaid, except when prohibited by law.
- Earned and Available Vacation Time upon Separation – When employment is terminated either voluntarily or involuntarily, the employee will be paid for all unused earned and available vacation benefits that were earned as of the previous July 1st.
Health, Dental, Vision and Rx Insurance
ASI-OR currently provides medical, vision, dental and Rx insurance to eligible employees, and permits eligible employees to cover their dependents at the employee’s expense.
- Eligibility Requirements – Any employee who is regularly scheduled to work at least thirty (30) hours per week is eligible to participate in ASI-OR’s health insurance plan, beginning on the first day of the month following sixty (60) days of eligibility. Employees are responsible for thoroughly completing during the applicable enrollment papers within their enrollment period. Applications after the enrollment period are not accepted per Oregon Law.
- Employer Contributions – ASI-OR currently pays 80% of the monthly premium for employees who are eligible for health insurance and 20% for eligible enrolled children. Employees may obtain coverage for eligible dependents at their own cost. Employees will be required to sign an authorization to have the cost deducted from their paycheck semi-monthly and before taxes.
- Termination of Coverage – Eligibility for group medical and dental insurance coverage continues through the last day of the month in which an employee resigns, is terminated, or has a reduction in hours below what is required for eligibility. Coverage may be extended in accordance with applicable law while an employee is on qualifying family medical leave.
- Continuation of Coverage – Employees who lose eligibility for coverage may elect to pay the premium for continued coverage in accordance with applicable COBRA laws. For additional information, contact the Human Resources Assistant.
- Changes in Coverage – ASI-OR reserves the right to discontinue health insurance benefits entirely, or to change premium contribution levels, insurance carriers, or plans at any time as it deems appropriate. You will be notified prior to any such change.
Summary plan description booklets will be provided when an employee becomes eligible. For additional information, contact the Human Resources Assistant.
Supplemental Insurance (Aflac)
Employees who have completed their initial ninety (90) days of employment and are regularly scheduled to work at least thirty (30) hours per week are eligible to participate in payroll sponsored Aflac deductions. Information regarding this benefit will be provided at date of hire and during the eligible enrollment period, then during the Annual Open Enrollment period. For additional information, contact the Human Resources Assistant.
Employees who have completed their initial sixty (60) days of employment and are regularly scheduled to work at least thirty (30) hours per week are eligible for life insurance and will be automatically enrolled when participating in the Health, Dental, Vision and Rx Insurance that ASI-OR provides.
If an employee wishes to have additional information regarding any additional benefit options available should contact the Human Resources Assistant for more information.