Job Openings – Linn / Benton Counties
Direct Support Professional
Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) are people who work directly with people with physical disabilities and/or intellectual disabilities with the aim of assisting the individual to become integrated into his/her community.
- No experience necessary as we do training internally.
- Minimum of high school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license and be insurable.
- Experience or sincere interest in working with adults or children with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities within a setting promoting community integration, normalization, and treatment of all persons with dignity and respect.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, lift, and carry at least fifty (50) pounds of weight without assistance when performing household duties, shopping, or assisting individuals served.
- Must be able to lift and/or transfer physically challenged individuals who require such assistance to remain active and mobile while engaged in household or community activities.
- To actively participate in developing and implementing plans to meet the needs of the individuals served.
- To document on proper forms all activity relative to the operation of the home or work site.
Assist with medication management.
- To follow written behavior support strategies, including completion of all written documentation requirements.
Compensation: $33,000 – $36,000/year
Qualifications: Previous work experience with adults and/or children which is relevant to programs for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities; interest in working within a setting promoting community integration, normalization, and treatment of all persons with dignity and respect; have basic skills in administration and operation of specialized programs for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities; some previous management experience required.
- Able to complete all the tasks of a DSP and Assistant Manager in addition:
- To provide regular, documented, and specific feedback about performance to Direct Support Professionals both positive and critical.
- To maintain current and complete employee files.
- To consistently implement Company personnel policies.
- To establish a sound and properly structured bi-weekly staff schedule, consistent with contracted hours for the home, with attention to
twenty-four (24) hour coverage, staff/consumer ratios, overtime, special staffing requirements.
- To listen and respond to concerns expressed by home and other staff members.
- To communicate information to all Direct Support Professionals members, on a regular basis and as needed in a clear, concise, understandable manner.
- To monitor Direct Support Professionals for the daily scheduling and implementation of active treatment programs.
- To provide a safe, healthy, clean, and attractive home environment.
Compensation: $13.00 – $14.00/hour
- Data entry and database management.
- Creating and maintaining current filing system.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products – specifically Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Be dependable and reliable.
- Ability to move at a fast pace and multi-task as needed.
- Have effective and efficient communication skills.
- Must be 18 years or older and have a high school diploma or equivalent GED.
- Must be able to pass a criminal history background check.