Job Openings – Jackson County
Direct Support Professional
Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) are people who work directly with people with physical disabilities and/or intellectual disabilities with the aim of assisting the individual to become integrated into his/her community.
- No experience necessary as we do training internally.
- Minimum of high school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license and be insurable.
- Experience or sincere interest in working with adults or children with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities within a setting promoting community integration, normalization, and treatment of all persons with dignity and respect.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, lift, and carry at least fifty (50) pounds of weight without assistance when performing household duties, shopping, or assisting individuals served.
- Must be able to lift and/or transfer physically challenged individuals who require such assistance to remain active and mobile while engaged in household or community activities.
- To actively participate in developing and implementing plans to meet the needs of the individuals served.
- To document on proper forms all activity relative to the operation of the home or work site.
- Assist with medication management.
- To follow written behavior support strategies, including completion of all written documentation requirements.
Compensation: $36,000 – $40,000/year DOE
Qualifications: Previous work experience with adults and/or children which is relevant to programs for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities; interest in working within a setting promoting community integration, normalization, and treatment of all persons with dignity and respect; have basic skills in administration and operation of specialized programs for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities; some previous management experience required.
- Able to complete all the tasks of a DSP and Assistant Manager in addition:
- To provide regular, documented, and specific feedback about performance to Direct Support Professionals both positive and critical.
- To maintain current and complete employee files.
- To consistently implement Company personnel policies.
- To establish a sound and properly structured bi-weekly staff schedule, consistent with contracted hours for the home, with attention to
twenty-four (24) hour coverage, staff/consumer ratios, overtime, special staffing requirements.
- To listen and respond to concerns expressed by home and other staff members.
- To communicate information to all Direct Support Professionals members, on a regular basis and as needed in a clear, concise, understandable manner.
- To monitor Direct Support Professionals for the daily scheduling and implementation of active treatment programs.
- To provide a safe, healthy, clean, and attractive home environment.
Compensation: $38,000 – $45,000/year DOE
Qualifications: Previous work experience with adults and/or children which is relevant to programs for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities; interest in working within a setting promoting community integration, normalization, and treatment of all persons with dignity and respect; have basic skills in oversite of specialized programs for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Behavioral Sciences or related field
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience working with mental health and behavioral challenges
- Clinical team leader working with adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Experience with the development and implementation of support plans and Oregon’s ISP process
- Knowledge of OAR’s pertaining to 24-Hour services for adults
- Writing RIT’s, PCI’s, FBA’s, BSS’s/MHS’s and ISP Agenda’s; provide staff training, including OIS training
- A strong commitment to providing advocacy and quality supports
- Must have strong leadership skills, be organized and dedicated to program implementation
- Effective communication with the Clinical Team, families, home and/or work DSP’s and any other members of the ISP Team or people close to the person
- Knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Office products