Job Openings – Jackson County
Direct Support Professional
Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) are people who work directly with people with physical disabilities and/or intellectual disabilities with the aim of assisting the individual to become integrated into his/her community.
- No experience necessary as we do training internally.
- Minimum of high school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license and be insurable.
- Experience or sincere interest in working with adults or children with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities within a setting promoting community integration, normalization, and treatment of all persons with dignity and respect.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, lift, and carry at least fifty (50) pounds of weight without assistance when performing household duties, shopping, or assisting individuals served.
- Must be able to lift and/or transfer physically challenged individuals who require such assistance to remain active and mobile while engaged in household or community activities.
- To actively participate in developing and implementing plans to meet the needs of the individuals served.
- To document on proper forms all activity relative to the operation of the home or work site.
- Assist with medication management.
- To follow written behavior support strategies, including completion of all written documentation requirements.
Assistant Home Manager
Compensation: $33,000 – $36,000/year DOE
Qualifications: Previous work experience with adults and/or children which is relevant to programs for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities; interest in working within a setting promoting community integration, normalization, and treatment of all persons with dignity and respect; some previous management experience required.
- Able to complete all the tasks of a DSP in addition:
- To work alongside Direct Support Professionals in developing all medical, behavioral and training plans for individuals served and in carrying out those plans.
- To act as an advocate and appropriate role model for Direct Support Professionals and individuals served.
- To supervise and train Direct Support Professionals as designated by Home Manager.
- To provide leadership, direction, and supervision to Direct Support Professionals.
- To actively participate in staff meetings, training, workshops and special meetings as required; to actively assist in program development, documentation data collection, revision and monthly, quarterly summary review of same.
Community Employment Specialist
Compensation: $15.00 – $18.00/hour DOE
Community Employment Specialists are people who work directly with people with physical disabilities and/or intellectual disabilities with the aim of finding employment in his/her community through job development and job coaching
- Bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to Marketing and/or Public Relations or a minimum of two years’ experience as a job developer
- Previous work experience with disabled adults and/or children which is relevant to programs for people with developmental disabilities
- Interest in working within a setting promoting community integration, normalization, and treatment of all persons with dignity and respect
- Basic skills in administration and operation of specialized programs for the developmentally disabled; some previous management experience
- Effective communication with the County/Brokerage/Voc Rehab personnel, families, home and work
- Knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Office products