Sara Correa-Hepburn, LCSW
Individual and Family Therapy
In office and in the client home, I offer Individual Therapy, Play Therapy, Family Therapy. Services also include Biopsychosocial Mental Health Assessments and Treatment Plans.
Groups including Adaptive and Inclusive Yoga, Live healthy, and Social Activity Groups.
- Adaptive and Inclusive Yoga classes are available for adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities as well as folks with co-occurring mental health conditions. The purpose is to offer yoga in a safe and accepting environment while also working on social skills.
- The Live Healthy group is available for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities as well as folks with co-occurring mental health conditions. The purpose is to teach the various aspects of health to promote a healthy lifestyle.
- Social Activities are provided to work on socialization skills within the community. The activities will assist people to develop skills to enhance their health, independence, and well-being, as well as make new friends.
Any questions regarding the schedule or content of these groups, please contact us. (email)
Some of our training includes Working w/ Clients w/ IDD and co-occurring Mental Health Issues, Tricks and Tips for Building Rapport w/ Challenging & Resistant Clients, Functional Behavior Assessment and Behavior Support Plan Workshops, and Trauma Informed Training.
- Working w/ Clients with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities and Co-occurring Mental Health Issues: The prevalence of people with IDD and Mental Illness is conservatively estimated at 33%, with some sources reporting much higher rates (Quintero & Flick, Social Work Today, 2010). Limited communication skills of people with IDD make it difficult for them to describe their experiences accurately to a clinician. Also, cognitive limitation s make it difficult for the person to discern what is normal. This training will help professionals work with both diagnoses to better treat the client.
- Tricks and Tips for Building Rapport with Challenging Resistant Clients: This training will help professionals better understand resistant behavior and lead to developing approaches to managing resistance in clients.
- FBA/BSP: a 4-day intensive workshop designed to develop the clinical skills of Behavior Specialists and Behavior Consultants.
- Trauma Informed Training: We collaborated with Trauma Informed Oregon to develop a training for folks working with clients who have experienced trauma, particularly those with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities and co-occurring Mental Health issues.
Check out our calendar to find out what trainings are in the area and what is currently being offered. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding trainings, please email us.
Our team of educated and experienced professionals offer Clinical Behavioral Consultation Services which include but are not limited to Functional Behavioral Assessments, Behavior Support Strategies / Plans, Skills Trainer Services, and staff/family training. Please email if you have any questions or requests for these services.